The Department of Oceanography of the Federal University of Santa Catarina (Florianópolis, Brazil) is looking for a talented and imaginative research scientist on a project which aims to investigate the causes and impacts of marine heatwaves in the Tropical and South Atlantic.
The work involves analyses of observational climate data and output from the latest generation of global atmosphere-ocean climate models. The post is for two years. The post-holder will be a member of a small group working with the principal investigator, at the Department of Oceanography at the Federal University of Santa Catarina, and in collaboration with international researchers from the Tropical and South Atlantic Climate-Based Marine Ecosystem Prediction for Sustainable Management – TRIATLAS Project (https://triatlas.w.uib.no/). The project is funded by the Horizon 2020 EU Research and Innovation Programme as part of BG-08 Call for All Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance Flagship.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Carry out research relevant to the project aims. This may include analysis of observational datasets and results from international climate model intercomparison projects, as well as the development of conceptual models and theories.
* Report on progress and results of this research through appropriate methods, including papers for submission to scientific journals, presentation of results at project meetings, conferences, workshops and to the public.
* Maintain awareness of current progress in relevant research areas, to ensure that the research remains at the cutting edge.
* Contribute to the maintenance of an active scientific environment in the Department through group meetings, seminars etc.
Essential criteria include:
* PhD in climate, ocean, atmospheric or Earth system science.
* Strong physical insight, analytical ability, creativity and self-motivation.
* Knowledge of and interest in climate change science.
* Research experience involving analysis of large datasets.
* Annual Salary tax-free between R$ 49,200 and R$ 52,800, depending upon experience.
Please apply by sending to Dr. Regina R. Rodrigues, via e-mail email@example.com, the following documents:
* Up-to-date CV (maximum of 5 pages).
* Letter of intention (maximum of 3 pages) demonstrating how the criteria above are met.
* The name and address of one or more referees who have a detailed knowledge of your academic work and achievements.
For further information please contact Dr. Regina R. Rodrigues (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This website is developed by the AANChOR Coordination and Support Action, aimed to support the implementation of the Belém Statement, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 818395.