The He(Art) of Research is an online training workshop offered by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and SAEON, South Africa, in scope of the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, and under the EU funded project AANChOR. He(Art) of Research aims to enable scientists to communicate their research to a public audience in a easy and effective way.
The programme consists of a two-day online training workshop and video production for 30 researchers selected among the applicants The video will be done in a fun and engaging way, which will luckily enable the public to understand the topics without the use of technical jargon or formal presentation of the scientific content. Social media outputs will be created during the second day of the workshop for each of the researchers. The workshop will be held in English with translation available in Spanish and Portuguese.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Contribute towards an increased understanding of the Atlantic Ocean through showcasing the research that is being undertaken in the Atlantic Ocean
- Promote ocean literacy and ocean awareness through transatlantic dialogue, scientific and cultural exchange amongst researchers in the Atlantic Ocean
Anyone carrying research focussed on the Atlantic Ocean, under one or more of the following All- All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance’s themes:
- Ocean observation (including seabed mapping), forecasting and monitoring processes and systems
- Climate variability and ecosystem approaches
- Ocean technology (including for observation and renewable marine energy)
- Food security, fisheries management, aquaculture and biodiversity
- The effects of emerging pollutants
- Polar research (especially interconnections between the Atlantic, the Southern Ocean and Antarctica)
The training will take place on the 9th and 10th November 2021.
Application deadline: 30th of September