WavEC Offshore Renewables is delighted to announce is organizing an online Course on CFD: CFD FOR SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SOLUTIONS: COURSE I, on February 8-11, 2021, sponsored by the University of Tokyo and the University of São Paulo.
Numerical models, High-Performance-Computing (HPC) and Artificial-Intelligence (AI) are important fields in the current Industry-4.0 revolution. This unique Course Series will deal with these topics, focusing on Maritime issues and Ocean sustainability. Within the first topic of Numerical Models, viscous-flow based Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods are considered.
In Course-I we introduce several CFD crucial subjects:
- Basic equations and assumptions
- Existing tools
- Turbulence modelling and simulation
- Free-surface and wave modelling
- Grid methods and motions
- Modern verification and validation.
In terms of applications, the focus lies on Offshore Wind Energy and related CFD best-practices gathered over the years.
The course is lectured by senior experts and highly-skilled PhDs, with solid CFD practitioner and developer backgrounds, as well as up-to-date IT skills, paramount in this digital age.
All times listed are Lisbon time, GMT/UTC.
The course is divided in 4 sessions
- February 8: Introduction, Basics, Verification & Validation (12h-15h GMT)
- February 9: Turbulence Modelling & Simulation (12h-15h GMT)
- February 10: Free-Surface & Waves (12h-15h GMT)
- February 11: Floating Offshore Wind, Conclusions (12h-15h GMT)
Admissions and Fees:
- To ensure your participation please fill the following registration form.
- Application deadline: February 4, 2021
- Students from the University of Tokyo and University of São Paulo: Free
- Students: 50 euros
Others: 200 euros