Building on the outcomes of the UK G7 Presidency 2021, the UK Government will host an International Digital Twins of the Ocean Summit in London, led by the Digital Twins of the Ocean (DITTO) programme of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, with support from the G7 Future of the Seas and Oceans Initiative. The Summit will be an in-person high-level event with live stream Q&A, and will include a programme of virtual satellite events hosted by GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research, Kiel, Germany.
This Summit will bring together users, providers / developers, and promoters of digital ocean initiatives to:
- advance community understanding of digital twins, their applications, and benefits,
- showcase potential applications of digital twins to address ocean sustainable development and inform policy decisions,
- inform participants about the state of the art, share knowledge and best practice,
- document ongoing and planned activities,
- promote co-design of digital twins and establish community activities, and
- provide recommendations to achieve a Digital Twin Framework of the Ocean by 2030.
The Summit will include a high-level stakeholder information session in addition to scientific / technical sessions, which will provide the necessary information to document national and institutional progress and commitments towards developing interoperable and interconnected digital twins of the Ocean, and to support the community in developing the Digital Twin Ocean Framework needed to achieve our collective ambitions
More info HERE