The European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (EATiP) and the Ocean Best Practices System (OBPS) of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) jointly organise the “Best practices in Aquaculture” workshop to share strategic guidelines for a more sustainable and competitive EU aquaculture. The event represents an opportunity to stimulate sharing of knowledge and to promote best practice development across aquaculture systems and regions in Europe, while consolidating their understanding and adoption of best practices related to aquaculture areas like spatial planning, animal health and welfare, traceability, environmental performance. Examples of how good practices at local, regional and European level can contribute to better aquaculture planning and control are provided throughout the workshop.
Who should attend
- Marine researchers
- Aquaculture advisory organisations
- Marine policy officers
Draft Agenda (all times CET)
- Welcome by EATIP. David Bassett | EATiP
- Welcome by OBPS. Jay Pearlman | OBPS
- Policy and regulations. Lana Bezinovic Sostar | European Commission, DG MARE
- About Best Practices and OBPS. Johannes Karstensen | GEOMAR, IODE OBPS Steering Group
- Aquaculture operations across standards, certification schemes and best practices. Panel dialogue: Javier Ojeda | FEAP & Bruno Guillaumie | EMPA
- Best Practices in Aquaculture – use cases across Production System and Regional approaches.
- OPS Seafood – Norway. Edvard Pedersen | The Brønnøysund Register Centre
- PerformFish benchmarking system – Mediterranean. Giovanna Marino | ISPRA
- General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean. Houssam Hamza & Linda Fourdain | FAO-NFIGD
- AquaPEF – implementing PEF in aquaculture. Saioa Ramos | AZTI
- Framing the issues on sharing of best practices in aquaculture
- Breakouts for discussion & Report out
Does this event sound fascinating to you? Express your interest by sending an email to email@example.com.
More info HERE.