The programme of the 2022 UN Ocean Conference will include eight interactive dialogues which will be collaborative and multi-stakeholder in nature and will focus on recommendations to support the implementation of Goal 14, including through strengthened cooperation, building on existing successful partnerships and stimulating innovative and concrete new ones, taking into account the theme of the Conference.
Taking into account the evolving landscape and new challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, stakeholders are now invited to contribute inputs to update the concept papers of the eight interactive dialogues of the Conference, with latest COVID-related data and analysis in the status and trends, challenges and opportunities, possible areas for new partnerships as well as recommendations on advancing implementation of SDG14. Stakeholders are invited to provide inputs on each of the themes of the interactive dialogues. In this regard, a global online stakeholder consultation is being set up to request inputs from non-governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, academic institutions, the scientific community, the private sector, philanthropic organizations and other actors.
The themes of the eight interactive dialogues of the 2022 UN Ocean Conference are:
1. Addressing marine pollution;
2. Managing, protecting, conserving and restoring marine and coastal ecosystems;
3. Minimizing and addressing ocean acidification, deoxygenation and ocean warming;
4. Making fisheries sustainable and providing access for small-scale artisanal fishers to marine resources and markets;
5. Promoting and strengthening sustainable ocean-based economies, in particular for small island developing States and least developed countries;
6. Increasing scientific knowledge and developing research capacity and transfer of marine technology;
7. Enhancing the conservation and sustainable use of oceans and their resources by implementing international law, as reflected in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea; and
8. Leveraging interlinkages between Sustainable Development Goal 14 and other Goals towards the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
More info HERE.
This website is developed by the AANChOR Coordination and Support Action, aimed to support the implementation of the Belém Statement, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 818395.